Monday, February 27, 2012

growing

The husband and I took a little afternoon trip to the most awesome green house in Springfield, Wickman's Garden. I think the older I get, the more I'm discovering that I love flowers and plants and the process of growing them. Ok, actually for me the goal is just to keep them alive. Its a learning process. But I'm loving it more and more!

I've found that succulents are where I thrive. Maybe its because they don't really require much maintenance...but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?



 Husband wearing: hat: H&M, shirt: thrifted, cardigan: American Apparel, tie: Red Velvet, jeans: Levi's, shoes: thrifted Allen Edmonds
 Wife wearing: sweatshirt: Urban Outfitters (thank you, Stephanie!), jacket: forever21, jeans: forever21, shoes: payless, sunglasses: Vintage Vice
And then I found the one my heart desired. 

My new little succulent, I can't wait to watch you grow.

5 comments:

misslauritaliz said...

Anna, I just have to say~~I always enjoy reading your blog posts and seeing all of your amazing and creative photography! <3

And as for that last photo (succulent~~sweet, now I know the name for those little guys!)....these are all over Korea (and many other varieties). I feel the SAME way~~in my little apt where the plants don't get much sunlight (especially now when it's freezing winter), these are a perfect addition of life! Every month I get paid, I go and treat myself to a new one. ^^

Leeamarie said...

AWE!
Anna I miss you!
I need to come and see you guys!

Anna said...

Leea! I miss you too! Isaac and I were just in Fayetteville a couple weeks ago and I texted you, but you must have a new number! And I don't even know if you still live in Fayetteville or not. Ha I would love to see you!

Anna said...

Leea! I miss you too! Isaac and I were just in Fayetteville a couple weeks ago and I texted you, but you must have a new number! And I don't even know if you still live in Fayetteville or not. Ha I would love to see you!

Jessica said...

how wonderful! i'd love to start a garden but living in the desert doesn't make much of an ideal climate for them to thrive.

good luck!